The Company’s Environmental Protection Innovative Projects
Transneft has been a member of the Non-Commercial Partnership Technological Platform Technologies for Sustainable Ecological Development since 2011.
In 2018, Transneft took part in the members’ meeting of Non-Commercial Partnership Technological Platform Technologies for Sustainable Ecological Development.
- Research “Reviewing the Operation of Wastewater Treatment Facilities at Transneft’s Operating Facilities. Recommendation Development”
Field inspections of 47 treatment facilities as well as off-site inspections of 222 treatment facilities operated by Transneft subsidiaries were carried out in 2018, as part of the R&D work. Based on the results of the inspections, recommendations on raising the quality of wastewater treatment, retrofitting of wastewater treatment process flows, including the revamping of treatment facilities, were suggested.
- Technical Work “Developing the Technology of Using Aquatic Organisms for Environmental Monitoring of the Water Area in the Gulf of Finland of the Baltic Sea to Detect the Potential Footprint of Transneft Primorsk Port’s Operating Facilities”
In 2018, three stages were completed, with the specifications for building an aquaculture farm in the water area of the Björkösund Strait (the Gulf of Finland) near Transneft Primorsk Port’s operating facilities developed and approved.
The state environmental appraisal of materials was performed, to justify the monitoring of the water area using aquatic organisms in the internal seawaters of the Russian Federation. A positive opinion of the state environmental appraisal for the project delivery was obtained, followed by the approval from the Federal Agency for Fishery.
An application for the permission to create, operate and use artificial constructions and units in the internal seawaters of the Russian Federation was prepared and submitted to the Federal Supervisory Nature Resources Management Service.
- Technical Work “Developing the Technology of Using Aquatic Organisms for Environmental Monitoring of the Water Area in Tsemes Bay of the Black Sea near Chernomortransneft’s Operating Facilities”
As part of the TW, hydrological, hydrochemical and hydrobiological exploration was carried out in the water area of Tsemes Bay of the Black Sea in the area where an aquaculture farm is to be built, and the site for the farm was determined. A workflow for building the farm was developed and the specifications for its construction were approved.
During the preparation of the materials for the state environmental appraisal, public hearings were held to assess the impact of the planned activities upon the environment.
- Research “The Research of Modern Technologies Ensuring Efficient Consumption of Energy, Raw Materials and Energy Carriers: Analyzing the Potential of Recycling Spent Lube Oil and Oil Sludge at the Facilities of Transneft Subsidiaries”
As part of this work, the most effective and promising methods of recycling spent petroleum products (spent oils, some oil sludges and oil-containing waste) were determined.
Transneft’s PTI developed proposals for the use of equipment and outlines of implementing the possible methods of recycling spent oils and oil sludge for the facilities of Transneft subsidiaries as well as recommendations on fuel preparation for combustion with regard for negative environmental impact reduction.
A novel burner unit was successfully tested at Transneft Primorsk Port, to find that the quality of its emissions complies with the strict requirements of national and world standards.
The given development is complete; an application was submitted to the Federal Institute for Industrial Property for awarding a patent.
- Development “Developing Documents for the Manufacture of Flotation Plants for Wastewater Treatment at the Facilities of Oil and Petroleum Products Trunk Pipelines”
In 2018, the optimal characteristics were determined for flotation plants to be used within industrial waste- and storm water treatment facilities of set standard sizes.
A comparative cost analysis showed that organising the manufacture of flotation plants at the Tyumen MRP of Transneft Siberia was economically reasonable.
- Research “Analysing the Efficiency and Developing Recommendations on the Introduction of Membrane Bioreactors in Technological Layouts of Utility Water Treatment at the Operating Facilities of Transneft Subsidiaries”
As part of introducing the wastewater treatment technologies based on using membrane bioreactors, expert evaluation of design and engineering documentation was conducted in 2018 for the revamping of treatment facilities at the Krasnoarmeyskaya LODS as well as of the current data to develop design documentation for the revamping of treatment facilities at the Yefimovka LODS of Transneft Volga Region.
- Technical Work “Developing the Technology of Remediating Boggy Soils Contaminated with Oil Using Land Reclamation Plants”
The technology of remediating oil-contaminated boggy soils using land reclamation plants was developed and successfully tested in field conditions.
An amendment to the Reclamation of Lands Contaminated in the Course of Emergency Repairs and Overhauls. The Requirements for Organisation and Execution of Works regulation was developed and approved. The amendment covers the technology of boggy soil remediation.